Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are now looking for for a Sterling B2Bi integration developer to join our team.
The Integration Developer will play a key technical role in the delivery, support, and maintenance of our IT solution. With a strong focus on Sterling B2Bi administration and XSLT.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following: Sterling B2Bi, MQ/JDBC FTP adapters, and XSLT
- Ideally you will have experience of more than one ESB technology
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle 11g database query development, optimization, and tuning
- Demonstrated proficiency (minimum of 4 years) XML, XSLT, schemas, transformations
- Demonstrated proficiency in full disciplined SDLC lifecycle frameworks and methodologies
- Must hold or be eligible to apply for SC clearance.
- Practical and pragmatic approach – willing to get ‘hands on’ to deliver what is needed.
- Exceptional communication skills, fluent in English
It would also be good for the candidate to have the following:
- Exposure to IBM DataPower servers, clustering, and resource configuration
- Proficiency in using test tools and automated unit test tool frameworks to support development
- Proficiency to ETL Tools (preferably IBM DataStage, Oracle SQL Loader)
- Exposure to WebSphere MQ,IB, and ESB servers, clustering, resource configuration
- Experience of AWS would be beneficial
- Exposure to Sterling suite – OMS/Control Centre.
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP, RESTful API, etc.), CSV, JSON, JMS, SQL
- Mapping and configuration of B2B Communications on Sterling B2B Integrator.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a developer, integrator, and analyst for complex and technically difficult assignments; collaborate with other developers working on production issues.
- Participate in application walkthroughs and in peer code reviews for conformance to standards.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Consistently apply Information Technology software standards and help to establish department specific standards.
- B2Bi Administration and Support of the live system.
- A good understand of Build and Deployment best practice.
- Knowledge of Sterling Control Centre a plus
- Working with EDI/ETL in multiple formats.
Key Result Areas:
- Adhere to Ministry of Defence Architecture Framework (MODAF) policy and guidelines as the Architecture Framework that captures and presents information in a rigorous, coherent and comprehensive way
- Able to interpret business requirements and programming specifications that solve business needs
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
- Collaborate with the management and development teams on determining technology vision of current and future initiatives
- Ensure all projects are completed on time with proper documentation and within programme quality standards
- Remain current on the latest technologies and make recommendations for technology platform improvements
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.