Leidos is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to support an existing system and provide the structure and guidance to incorporate new technologies.
- Overall responsibilities as an Oracle DBA included installing and maintaining the Oracle software on UNIX, Linux and Windows platform. Providing corporate applications with DBA consultation and technical support for Oracle databases using Oracle 11G, 10G, 9i and 8i.
- Provide customers with backup and recovery capability. Maintain nightly backups and recover loss data from backups using RMAN and SQL Backtrack for Oracle.
- Installed and maintained Oracle 10G RAC on a Linux and Unix.
- Technical support includes tuning the database design for better performance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- AWS experience
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, UNIX and Linux.
- Preferred Qualifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.