Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for IT Software Asset Manager to join our CIO Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. You will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. You will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
- Develop asset control processes to monitor device identification, accountability identification, maintenance, location and associated contracts.
- Assist in inventory management, procurement and shipment activities
- Design and execute asset management policies, procedures and processes.
- Analyze purchasing effectiveness and resolve purchasing issues
- Facilitate contract negotiation, contract renewals and vendor management activities with Procurement on behalf of CIO Services
- Monitor and report on expenses within allocated forecast / AOP
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards
- Collaborate with SLMs to define cost savings, asset compliances and service improvements
- Ensure audit compliance for IT software assets
- Provide oversight, direction, and guidance to Software Asset Administrators in the daily administration o the asset management activities
- Provide KPI/Metric information and standardized reporting on a scheduled basis together with unscheduled reporting demanded by management
- Responsible for managing lifecycle of hardware and software assets from creation to retirement and disposal
- Verify software assets with license contracts, confirm hardware assets with actual inventory, and initiate corrective actions and tract them to resolution
- Manage activities concerning license compliance audits
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience related to IT Asset Management. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Must have strong experience with ServiceNow application, specifically ServiceNow Asset Management Modules and Contracts Module
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing staff
- Strong knowledge of the asset lifecycle with proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully
- Policy / processes documentation experience
- Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and professionally
- Demonstrated experience gathering customer requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently
- Excellent at multi-tasking, managing deliverables and established deadlines
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.