Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
As an Engineering Technician you will support a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Engineering Technician position involves 95% physical integration activity (rack and stack) and 5% unit testing. The candidate must be experienced with integration and testing. They should have recent, first-hand experience supporting engineers in designing, integrating, and sustaining customer mission systems. They must have recent, first-hand experience supporting customer architecture and component development efforts. They will need to be available for travel, and should be able to work additional hours to meet mission requirements.
- The selected candidate will provide rack and stack integration, test, deployment, and sustainment support to customer systems.
- Support engineers in development of system designs (physical, network layout, software applications) and maintenance of system design documentation packages
- Performance of system and component testing during integration of new systems and upgrades
- Provide lifecycle support to include logistics services, document review, development of installation and deployment plans, and other tasks required to deploy and sustain operational systems
- Periodic (infrequent) travel to OCONUS areas.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years SIGINT Systems Experience - Tech or Integrator
- Within the last 5 years, 3 years experience in specializations below:
- Radio Frequency
- Integration and Test
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with SIGINT system integration
- A minimum of 2 years leadership experience providing supervision to other technicians and working with principal engineers to integrate and build systems.
- Must be willing and able to travel, CONUS, OCONUS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.