Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for Data Center Operations Manager to join our CIO Services team. In this role, you will provide management and direction for internal and externally staffed teams responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and escalation of infrastructure and application service interruptions. You will also maintain establish service level objective (SLO) and oversee rack and stack of hardware/hands on troubleshooting and vendor escort for three remote 2000 sq. ft. data centers. Primary applications consist of SAFe 5.0 Framework, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, Splunk, Lotus Enterprise Integrator, Electric Data Interchange, DC Track, CIO Central and Vector SharePoint.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote company’s mission, core values, and guiding principles
- Fundamental understanding of ITIL, change management, and technology management best practices
- Manage the CIO Service’s 24/7/365 Operations Support Center and Data Center Administration Support
- Manage a team in an Agile environment
- Effectively assess team’s workload to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews illustrating delivery effectiveness, metrics review and areas of opportunity (include tracking).
- Works with co-location data center vendors to ensure uptime of critical infrastructure
- Monitor performance of $2.5 million CIO Services Data Centers to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving overall performance
- Experience with infrastructure/application monitoring and alert-management tools used to provide teams with guidance/direction during questionable times.
- Ensure satisfactory audit and compliance reviews by implementing bullet proof processes and procedures
- Partner with CIO Services teams to remediate outages and hardware related issues/vulnerabilities.
- Coordination with development team for management of project related drawings, tracking, etc.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for operational usage of application tools for computer operators and site system administrators to successful complete job requirements
- Assists with implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet corporate objectives.
- Staff training on software and hardware
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant IT experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Process oriented professional with strong knowledge of datacenter operations and disaster recovery technologies.
- Experience managing geographically remote staff, with focus on datacenter environments.
- Experience developing solutions within a multi-cloud, hybrid cloud environment, with workloads and points of integration spanning across on-prem and cloud constructs, including AWS and Azure.
- 2+ years of experience with Splunk Reporting and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Project management or Scrum Master experience.
- Hands-on experience working with public cloud environments and services
- US Citizenship is required and eligible to obtain a federal security clearance if needed.
- Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extensive knowledge of public cloud technologies and services with broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in public cloud.
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting.
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.