Under limited supervision and usually acting independently, performs a wide variety of technical support activities by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing x-ray and CT based security systems at customer sites. Typically handles complex products and/or problems, and may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians. Helps develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential clients such as HAL, MAG, etc. Helps ensure unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the planning and delivery of preventative maintenance (PM) services on various types of security search equipment to regional customers.
- Coordinates and provides support to regional customers by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training.
- Works with customer via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems during installations
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
- Conducts local visits to customer sites (airports) to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions.
- Is proficient at Siebel and completes admin to required deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of technical school / or military training in electronics engineering technology.
Typically possesses more than five (5) years experience in field service environment with at least two (2) of which have been with a directly applicable industry and specific highly skilled knowledge of x-ray, CT technologies, and company’s products and equipment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent customer interface, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Knowledge of complex digital and analog circuitry is required, Unix and Linux a plus. Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred. Team player with ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight. Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently. Must be available to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required. May be required from time to time to lift heavy weights.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.