Leidos is seeking a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator to support a large enterprise IT system in Springfield, VA. In this role, working in a small team environment, the Systems Administrator will provide technical services related to Operations & Sustainment in a critical mission environment. The environment includes both Red Hat Linux and Windows servers on operation systems, software, and their associated storage devices.
The Systems Administrator will perform a variety of activities in information systems design support, development, and analysis encompassing one or more of the following areas of technical expertise: computer network defense, programming, computer application analysis, software development, systems integration, and related disciplines. Additionally, duties will involve all phases of the installation, integration and maintenance of software and hardware component changes to large, complex information systems. As well as the distribution of application software to workstations and will assist users with issues with all workstation installed software. Some rotational on-call support is required, along with limited local travel.
- To be considered, a current and active TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance is required.
- Bachelor degree and 8-12 years of prior experience, or Master’s with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a Bachelor degree, 4 additional years of experience may be submitted and 5 additional years in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of experience must be focused to Linux Systems Engineering / Administration (SA) background working with virtual servers, physical servers, and associated technologies.
- Administrator and service accounts experience.
- Ability to support rotational on-call support.
- Must have or obtain Security+ and DOD 8570 Certification within 6 months of start.
- Computer Network Defense experience using applications such as Tripwire
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (or higher) and Windows Workstation 2007 (or higher) Administration experience.
- Flexibility to support new design/architecture tasking as part of system modernization development efforts as requested a plus.
- Experience with IAVA/security patch management, VMWare and V-Sphere.
- Familiar with other disciplines (e.g., IP networking, SAN and NetApp storage server systems, etc.).
- Strong communicator willing to work/travel with a small team for installs/upgrades 5% of time.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.