The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Unified Communications Audiovisual Programmer to work in our Springfield, Virginia location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The UFS Unified Communications Audiovisual (AV) Programmer will be responsible for programming and implementation of AV and data system communication networks in support of customer requirements. This individual will work with AV engineering resources to ensure proper configuration and delivery of functional systems. Additionally, they will assist in troubleshooting AV systems and endpoints supporting daily operations. They will also be responsible for quickly responding to customer issues regarding AV hardware and programming related issues to resolve on the spot mission impact situations.
- Provide and maintain the following ; audio/video equipment programming to include , AMX touch panels and controllers, Clearone audio mixers, Extron and Crestron system controls, Cisco Codecs and desktop VTC, Christi Spyder video processors, Barco servers and cubes, Epson projectors, Bright Sign Media Players, AppSpace application, RMS servers
- Provide software programming and system troubleshooting and support
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Provide technical support and training to end-users
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and documents as needed
- Participate in special projects as required
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with managers and administrative staff in support of business objectives
- Perform additional related duties as requested.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of AV systems supporting major conference centers.
- Maintain the integrity and availability of systems
- Maintain room drawings and equipment diagrams
- Manage and maintain resource availability using RMS (AMX Resource Management Suite)
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with ability to obtain Poly
- AV equipment maintenance (as listed above)
- AV control systems and programming
- Setup microphones/speakers for AV Audio and maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and or CAD for system designs
- Must possess strong work ethic; good customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift and move audio/camera equipment up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to walk distances quickly and comfortably to support large geographically dispersed customer base across large office building
- Must be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to work with clients to help identify and design based of their requirements
- Must be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
- Must be team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience in lieu of degree.
- End User IT Support Experience
- Knowledge in VTC systems and support (as listed above
- Audio Visual experience i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Video Teleconference experience
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.