Leidos is seeking candidates for a Geospatial Analyst Journeyman to support our Springfield, VA customer. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered.
As a Geospatial Analyst you will apply proficient knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for an intelligence customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of customer mission requirements to include route analysis and detailed site surveys. The candidate should have a strong geospatial background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
- The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other related products.
- The analyst will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate.
- The candidate will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence agencies.
- In this position the analyst will also assist in the development and documentation of analytical procedures, development and maintenance of geodatabases, and may be required to educate and demonstrate new methodologies and instruct on the use of advanced GIS applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience with geospatial analysis experience
- Active TS/SCI
- 3 years of relevant geospatial analysis experience.
- Knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Knowledge of and experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, SocetGXP, TerraExplorer/Builder, Remote View, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA, Python (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyst geospatial data
- Capability to read and understand intelligence issues , military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems
- Experience correlating multiple sources of intelligence to derive entities and associations for TGT development
- Experience with GIS to include data integration, extraction, and management
- Ability to operate in ArcGIS, ArcPRO, or other commercial GIS analytic programs
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working independently
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors.
- Experience providing intelligence analysis concerning threat networks for the Special Operations and/or Intelligence Community.
- Couterproliferation and counterterrorism experience
- Experience with GEOINT services and publications to include baseline reports and other GEOINT reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration/networking skills
- Knowledge of NGA and DoD GEOINT Enterprise
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.