The 363rd ISRW/365 ISRG currently has an opening for an Inspection Manager in support of the Commander-s Inspection Program (CIP), on behalf of the Group Commander in accordance with Air Force Instruction (AFI) 1-2, Commander’s Responsibilities and AFI 90-305, The AF Inspection System. The IM duties include, but not limited to, managing the daily Self-Assessment Program (SAP), administration of Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT) for the staff and subordinate units, organization of monthly briefings at Group and Wing levels, scheduling formal Inspector General (IG) inspections, and training Program Managers and subordinate Squadron Self-Inspection Program Managers (SAPM).
- Manage the CIP
- Advise Commander and leadership team on Inspection matters.
- Apply knowledge of AFI 1-2, Commander’s Responsibilities, AFI 90-201, The AF Inspection System to CIP management.
- Manage Group-level MICT Administration:
- Assign Work Roles and permission levels to Program Managers
- Conduct In-/Out-Processing of assigned members
- Track MICT Self-Assessment Checklists (SAC) and assign to Program Managers
- Conduct periodic reviews of MICT SACs
- Conduct periodic spot-check and Vertical Inspections of subordinate units’ programs.
- Apply knowledge of applicable AFIs and references to evaluate accuracy and integrity of PM narrative responses.
- Ensure SAP Program goals are achieved:
- Communicate Commander’s guidance to unit leadership, SAPMs and PMs.
- Evaluate, identify areas of unmitigated risk.
- Execute the SAP bi-annual Assessment & Validation period in adherence with Wing’s SAP Business Rules and tasking.
- Submit deliverables and ensure Commanders’ readiness for CIMB.
- Coordinate with local and Geographically-separated Units (GSU) command teams.
- Compile O-6-level briefing products for Group and Wing Commanders.
- Utilize technical knowledge and experience to effectively communicate with Commanders and the HHQ Inspector General elements.
- Deconflict IG Gatekeeper scheduling projections and itineraries for on-site, virtual and remote inspections.
- Provide requested deliverables for IG inspections to include Unit Mission Briefings, personnel rosters, Airman-To-IG Interview Sessions (ATIS) and Trusted Agent nominations.
- Arrange local Nellis on-site work spaces for IG teams to operate and necessary communications support.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other related field. Five (5) or more years’ of experience in unit Self-Assessment Program management including MICT administration. Additional experience may be substituted for a related degree.
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance . A Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility recorded in JPAS is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of IG Major Graded Areas, structure and subcomponents as they relate to inspectable content, commander’s programs and unit operations.
- Strong understanding of formal project and/or program management methodologies.
- Ability to lead teams of various sizes and see them through to completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to decide and act independently without oversight.
- Previous Inspector General, Wing Inspection Team (WIT) or other compliance inspection experience is desired.
- Knowledge of ISR operations or training is desired.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.