The Cartographic Analyst - Journeyman will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart Production and Notice to Mariners support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included.
Cartographic analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting Standard Nautical Chart production by performing cartographic analyst functions supporting the Enterprise Product on Demand (ePODs)production process
- Notice to Mariners production in order to enhance the timeliness of updated nautical information reaching customers
- Recompilation or updating maritime features and attributes in ESRI based FG MOD production environment
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery; writing Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process; Data Conversion/migration
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA hydrographic products and databases
- Generate corrections for electronic and paper nautical charts and publications
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance required, with willingness to obtain a polygraph upon request
"Eligible External Referral"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.