Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) developer to join our DHS Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) Team. The ideal SOAR Developer is someone who is process driven, efficient, and strives to remove tedium from daily workflows. The developer will provide an Agile DevSecOps approach to the modernization of DHS ESOC cybersecurity operations, along with responding to emergent development requirements from Security Operations. The ideal candidate will be flexible and ready to work within a DevSecOps model within DHS ESOC which includes incident response operations and development engineers participating together in the entire lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support.
- Automate DHS ESOC Security Incident Response processes providing the ability to analyze and resolve alerts from existing security tools leveraging a single stream management system
- Develop and maintain custom Swimlane applications for ESOC IR workflow (e.g. create custom application to automate intelligence gathering)
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Organization of requirements into user stories that are Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small and Testable
- Integrate SOAR platform with other security tools and APIs to execute automated workflows
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts/workflows within SOAR platform
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
- Coordinate with System Administrators, Engineers, and ISSOs to provision service accounts and/or grant required permissions
- Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
- The candidate shall have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Experience in security process mapping, security process analysis, security process improvement concepts, models, and best practices required
- Proficient in Python scripting
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
- Experience authoring SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- Proven Experience building consensus and managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in DevSecOps environment
- Experience writing acceptance criteria and designing user interfaces for a production system
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Swimlane Certified SOAR Administrator (SCSA)
- Swimlane Cerrified SOAR Developer (SCSD)
- Client-facing federal consulting and business analysis experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.