At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Leidos Army Intelligence information technology Environment Support (ARIES) program, which is part of the Leidos Defense group, is looking for a Service Desk & VTC Specialist to support US Army Central G2. The ARIES G2 Army MI Enterprise provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems as well as network administration support for an organization comprised mostly of a Microsoft Enterprise software environment residing on multiple networks.
The Service Desk & VTC Specialist will be part of a dynamic team supporting customers throughout the ARCENT Area of Responsibility including both U.S. and coalition personnel. This is a deployed position with primary duty at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
- The selected candidate must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed, and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws, customs, and courtesies
- Experience resolving Tier I Microsoft Office hardware, software and application issues (printer, basic network (LAN) , scheduling & troubleshooting video tele-conferences (VTCs)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users & Computers, security groups and NTFS permissions, Cisco network/LAN principles, MS Windows 10, MS Office, desktop & laptop hardware, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active 8570 IAT II (or higher) Baseline Certification, such as: Security+|ce
- Active one of the Computing Environment certifications, such as: MCP, CCENT, or MCSA:Win10, etc.
- Current US Passport with at least 36 months validity and 5 blank pages left
Security Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret SCI
- Due to the assignment location and as a condition of employment, the selected candidate will undergo and successfully pass medical assessments to meet U.S. Government and Kuwaiti requirements. Leidos recommends updating all vaccinations prior to departure.
- Duty hours on-site are 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, plus commute time, and are subject to local labor law
- On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays
- Requires processing CRC and passing medical screening and be designated “fit for deployment” including medical tests, BMI analysis, etc. See: https://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC/BCO_ContractorDeployers.html
- Requires employee to obtain & maintain host nation work visa, including local/regional medical testing
- Unaccompanied position includes off‐post housing and vehicle support provided by contract; however, operational requirements may dictate assignment and further deployment to austere locations as needed.
- Provide Tier1 customer service support as part of a service desk team across multiple networks, facilities, and locations (in-person telephonically or electronically submitted via ticket system); escalate incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work including: cable management at both workstations and in-server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, basic printer maintenance, etc.
- Remediate problems with Windows desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access, etc.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, RDP
- Track all work in designated incident database tools & systems (such as Remedy), ensure tickets are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Support In & Out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers
- Schedule and de-conflict Video Teleconferences
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences
- Active Computing Environment certification, such as: CCNA:R&S, MCSA:Server12/16
- Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in South-West Asia or on an Arifjan service desk a big plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.