Leidos is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Principal to support our FP&A team in Reston - VA. This position is within the Health Group Central Financial Planning and Analysis team and will be a key role in assisting the organization with meeting its financial commitments by providing timely and accurate risk assessed forecasts for the Health Group Leadership .
This position is based out of Reston, Virginia however we may consider telecommute option with occasional travel to Reston for the right person.
- Compile and review budgets using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration.
- Perform multiple financial cost analyses functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system.
- Responsible for leading rate, FPRP, Intermediate Home Office, investment annual planning and quarterly forecasts
- Lead business architecture modeling and cost accounting practice change initiatives
- Lead Annual Reorganizational Alignment (AOR) efforts.
- Ensure that costs are allocated according to established procedures.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Maintain or oversee the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.
- Responsible for the support of key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the businesses key metrics of Revenue and Operating Income.
- Lead the planning of all Cash and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Responsible for Expense and Rate management activities, including the support of Forward Pricing Rate Submissions and Audit support.
- Additionally, this position leads the maintenance and coordination of the Health Group financial systems.
- Responsible for the assessment of Health Group account balances and has a continuous focus on improved accuracy and forecasting methodologies.
- Provide support to the organization in all audits, reviews, data requests, etc. during the current quarter and fiscal year.
- Directly interfaces with various functions within the Health Group and serves as a key liaison and resource to various stakeholders both internal and external to Health Group.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior finance experience, which must include experience in FP&A role. Additional years of relevant experience, education or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced proficiency in Hyperion Financial Planning and Reporting systems (LPAS, HFM)
- Ability to aggregate and analyze large volumes of data using visualization tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.