Leidos currently has an opening for a Safety Technician in our Pueblo Field Office in Pueblo Colorado. This is an opportunity to apply your safety education, training and insight to a mission of national importance. In this position, you will support the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) program in evaluating and assessing personal protective equipment (PPE) and processes and behaviors for areas of improvement and refinement. The successful candidate will provide technical input associated with the identification and analysis of occupational hazards associated with ACWA demilitarization activities and promoting worksite and/or product safety by applying knowledge of industrial processes and industrial health and safety laws to protect personnel and the public.
- The successful candidate will provide safety support to PCAPP associated with safety and operational requirements.
- Perform document reviews, technical research, and provide technical input associated with the activities to provide the necessary information for the Government to perform their oversight mission.
- Perform project related safety and occupational health activities as specified by the Leidos Lead or Senior Safety SME.
- The following activities are included as typical work efforts but can vary based on the needs.
- Review the SC’s plans and procedures for compliance with programmatic and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) requirements. The result of this review shall be provided as technical input to support their oversight mission
- Review safety and occupational health documents to assure their compliance with Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs), training documents, design changes, and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs). These reviews shall ensure proper configuration management procedures are being followed. Additionally, the candidate shall become familiar with the various site risk assessment and site safety plans. This includes the annual Multi-Pathway Health Risk Assessment, and the Site Safety Submission.
- Attend and participate in meetings that address safety and occupational health issues. This shall include engaging in dialogue and providing technical input and expertise during the meetings.
- Verify that the operating contractor is providing ongoing evaluation and support (self-reporting) for maintaining OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Status.
- Provide technical input regarding operating contractors work activities to assure compliance with approved safety plans, directives, and approved procedures.
- Recommend policies and processes or changes to polices and processes
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in engineering or a health related discipline
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in occupational health and safety in a hazardous chemical waste operation.
- Requires 3 years’ experience with Army safety policies and regulations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in the concepts, principles and practices of the safety and occupational health disciplines.
- Direct experience with OSHA, DDESB, NFPA and NEC safety regulations, policies and processes.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.