Leidos is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of information systems to provide senior decision makers with actionable data. Cyber Security Engineers are responsible for IT security/vulnerability assessments and managing overall network security using network and security-related hardware and software.
- Identify and define applicable security controls and responses for the project
- Review responses, enter responses into the cyber risk management platform, and update risks
- Identify common controls and draft common control language for the cyber risk management platform
- Perform security maintenance duties, such as performing analyses of vulnerabilities and providing recommended resolutions
- Maintain awareness of system level changes, ensure proper patch levels, and upload cyclic scans to the appropriate repositories
- Achieve and maintain system accreditation, including providing guidance, plans, and evidence and maintaining documentation
- Perform regular reviews, such as audits, and review security test results
- Participate in or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards and document action items and results
- Brief management on status
- Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk/threat mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience communicating vulnerability results and risk posture to senior executives
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.