Leidos is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of information systems to provide senior decision makers with actionable data. Cyber Security Engineers are responsible for IT security/vulnerability assessments and managing overall network security using network and security-related hardware and software.
- Identify and define applicable security controls and responses for the project
- Review responses, enter responses into the cyber risk management platform, and update risks
- Identify common controls and draft common control language for the cyber risk management platform
- Perform security maintenance duties, such as performing analyses of vulnerabilities and providing recommended resolutions
- Maintain awareness of system level changes, ensure proper patch levels, and upload cyclic scans to the appropriate repositories
- Achieve and maintain system accreditation, including providing guidance, plans, and evidence and maintaining documentation
- Perform regular reviews, such as audits, and review security test results
- Participate in or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards and document action items and results
- Brief management on status
- Typically requires BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk/threat mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience communicating vulnerability results and risk posture to senior executives
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.