Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Incident Responder.
Function of this role:
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of security incidents involving enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents through detection, investigation, analysis, remediation, and reporting of cybersecurity incidents in a timely manner with high quality
- Provide good customer service to all users/constituents
- Helps improve the overall security posture through obtaining the knowledge of the enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze EDR, OS, and firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), SIEM alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent/Detection System (HIP/DS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code of identify, contain, eradiate, and ensure recovery from incidents
IR daily activities/Candidate Daily Responsibilities:
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for NOAA; escalate incidents to DOC as needed
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by systems or lower tier analysts
- Investigate phishing and other user self-identified potential cyber threats (e.g., phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and management effectively
- Participate regularly in working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
Features of the candidate/job:
- Needs to have 8+ years of relevant cyber security experience (senior)
- Needs to have 3-5 years of incident response experience
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors.
- Able to work 24x7 shifts
Requires at least one of the following certifications:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors
- Experienced incident handler, including managing and remediating high-profile incident cases with past customers/constituents
- Experience tracking incidents against a framework such as MITRE ATT&CK or Cyber Kill Chain methodology
- Forensic investigation and malware analysis experience/exposure
- Experience with multiple vendor technologies, such as RSA Archer, FireEye suite of products, one or more SIEM technologies, Splunk or similar logging technology
- Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
- Boulder, CO
- Fairmont, WV
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.