Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Program/Facility Security Officer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
This position will assist in the management of security for a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. This position will interact with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. Candidate should be thoroughly familiar with Department of Defense and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM). Candidate will participate in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. This position will manage an experienced Leidos security team consisting of one security officer and several security specialists. This position will back up the Leidos security officer on-site at the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Carderock Division. Candidate will perform security duties including, but not limited to:
Provide subject matter expertise, in the constantly evolving security domain, to customer and Leidos program management personnel.
Develop and or update facility and program standard operating procedures to allow the team to remain compliant with current and future security rules and regulations.
Evaluate the effectiveness of the team’s current security posture. Prepare for and participate in security audits conducted by government personnel
Maintaining physical and IT security in cleared area(s)
Conducting security education and training including refresher training
Preparing visit requests for program personnel
Maintaining accountability of classified documents for program personnel, receiving and transmitting large volumes of classified media, and other document control tasks
Oversee classification markings and bibliography development
Investigating and preparing reports and/or recommendations for preventative or corrective actions in areas requiring specific expertise
Maintaining facility and program Security Operation Plans (SOPs) and other documentation
Prepare for classified meetings and escort visitors as required
Advise management and the development teams with respect to security issues, and contribute to the success of the Business Area’s programs
Perform routine administrative tasks, such as filing, document scanning, and media scanning.
Execute one time projects such as documentation marking, library reorganization, and material disposal.
Be the line manager for the security team, oversee the team’s effort and work product, provide guidance and counseling to team members to achieve their work objectives, and conduct performance reviews for team members
Bachelor’s Degree. Absent a degree, the extent of directly related experience may be considered for equivalency as provided for by the contract.
• Must have 8 years security experience with, and have a solid knowledge of, the NISPOM, and must demonstrate an aptitude in many of the security duties of this job.
• Must have direct experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment, be familiar with physical/technical security, and have experience in information system security. Must be familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information. Must have a general understanding of JPAS.
• Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements.
• Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
• Proficiency with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.