Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Linux Application Integration Engineer, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware. From our Bethesda, MD office, we will look to you to foster a DevOps culture, and build strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA. This is a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and integration of machine learning services in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with the systems engineers, software and data engineers, and Infrastructure teams on the following key tasks:
• Deploy, operate, diagnose, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
• Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java scripts running on Kubernetes
• Orchestrate staging and production deployment
• Perform system administration and integration related tasks on Linux servers
• Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
• Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools (e.g., Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate mass storage space.
• Serve as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of data archive and backup within Linux Red Hat and Centos networks.
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Day-to-day collaboration with developers and QA teams, to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
• Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
• Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 4+ years in systems integration or administration
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers as well as container orchestration tools
• Experience orchestrating workflows to execute at predefined times, including workflows that have data dependencies.
• 4 years of experience with Linux OS
• 4 years’ experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
• 4 years’ of patching servers, backups, permission management
• 4 years’ experience providing Tier II & III Linux and Windows support
• Proficiency in devops tools
• 4 years' of experience in an operations role
• Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• CompTIA Security+
• Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Linux, Git, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
• Experience establishing large computer clusters- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
• Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management.
• Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.