Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Relocation Assistance and more! Here's what one of our Engineers has to say about working on this team.
"I enjoy having the independence to work on a task while having many people to go to for suggestions and help when needed."
"My team is small but very unified, communicative, and helpful."
"It's been really interesting working with Python plugins for the system."
If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Python Software Engineer on our is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
Leidos is seeking a Python Software Engineer that is self-motivated, enjoys working directly with the customer and with the end-users and values high quality software. Software Engineers will join a small team working with some of the brightest engineers in the industry. This is a Quick Reaction Capabilities team - the environment is fast paced with no long processes or tickets. The team has almost immediate feedback from the customer! Engineers are encouraged to work autonomously and explore new and cutting edge solutions.
- As a Python Software Engineer on this Quick Reaction Capabilities team you will provide system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality.
- You will be working the full development stack with Python as the primary programming language
- As part of the effort to make sequencing more efficient, the team is open to exploring new technologies and/or options such as machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts.
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8 or more years related experience
- Minimum of 7 years with software development lifecycle experience; BS degree or related engineer/technology degree may count toward experience
- Strong Python experience
- Experience with full stack development (GUI through to the database)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Flask
- Experience with PostgresSQL
- LINUX skills
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years' experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
- Strong work ethic and focused developer with high productivity.
- Needs to be able to quickly learn new technologies.
- Angular JS
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence concepts
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.