Leidos Corporate Group is seeking an experienced hands-on Software Automation Engineer with strong DevOps background to join our Hosting Services Automations team in Orlando - FL. In this role, you will work with product owners within the Hosting Services organization to improve automated delivery, management, and user experience across the hybrid cloud footprint.
Additionally, you will collaborate with Hosting Services product owners and peers to develop and support continuous integration and continuous deployment efforts, analyze and automate manual processes, and participate in SAFe Agile methodology. We will consider telecommute option for the right candidate.
- Interface with Hosting Services peers to understand and develop software and automation to eliminate manual process.
- Develop and administer the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment (GitLab).
- Participate in SAFe Agile ceremonies including scrum and planning events.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance software and automations using APIs across many products within a hybrid cloud.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant IT experience, which must include experience as either DevOps Engineer or DevOps Developer. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience in a cloud first or hybrid cloud environment with a focus on test driven development.
- Experience developing and administering a DevOps platform such as GitLab.
- Experience developing solutions within a multi-cloud, hybrid cloud environment, with workloads and points of integration spanning across on-prem and cloud constructs, including AWS and Azure.
- 3+ years of experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Ruby, or Bash.
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) in a developer or an administrative role.
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible (Preferred), Chef, or Puppet.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with public cloud environments and services
- Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- US Citizenship is required, and eligible to obtain a federal security clearance if needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of public cloud technologies and services with broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in public cloud
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.