Leidos is looking for a SQL Server Database Developer based in the Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, PA. area.
SQL Server Database Developer
Candidate must have excellent data analysis, technical analysis, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Candidate should have strong database design and database development skills. Candidate must have very strong Microsoft SQL Server skills, particularly in Transact-SQL (T-SQL) programming and scripting. The candidate should have previous experience in designing, developing, and maintaining databases in large, enterprise-scale systems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supports the development team in the implementation of new application features and system changes by scripting and checking in DDL changes to database objects (ex. tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions, synonyms, etc.) into source control.
• Participates in peer reviews of T-SQL scripts and database objects written by other team members, identifying logic flaws and enforcing application design and coding standards and industry best-practices.
• Performs index design and usage analysis. Implements index changes, as necessary, to ensure optimal system performance.
• Monitors database performance. Provides performance tuning recommendations to other team members, and assists with the implementation of performance fixes.
• Creates release package T-SQL scripts for data updates/fixes that need to be propagated to multiple environments and include them in the release deployment package.
• Creates, tests, and executes “one-off” T-SQL scripts to correct application data in the appropriate environments.
• Creates and maintains in source control “initial seeding” scripts of static and semi-static data used to initialize a new instance of the application.
• Creates and maintains T-SQL script templates for the database and development teams.
• Provides database design and coding standard recommendations to the team.
• Documents the database environment.
Candidate must be a team player with a willing attitude and possess strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with team members and senior managers. Candidate must be multi-tasking, have excellent problem-solving skills, be able to perform independent analysis, and complete assigned tasks under a deadline and with minimal supervision.
This position may require travel < 10%. Candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Required & Desired Education:
A Bachelor of Science with a major in Computer Science or a related major is desired plus 2 to 4+ years of related experience. CompTIA Security+ certification desired.
• Transact SQL (T-SQL)
• SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
• Performance Tuning
• Microsoft Excel
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Azure DevOps (ADO)
• SQL Server Data Projects/DACPAC
• RedGate SQLPrompt
• Extended Events
• Entity Framework/LINQ
• DoD Database Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
• Knowledge of DoD Property Accountability, Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting, Fleet Management, Supply Chain Management, and/or Weapons and Ammunition.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.