Senior Wind Turbine Technology Consultant – Denver, CO or Framingham, MA
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Wind Turbine Technology Consultant working in a team setting in an existing renewable energy consulting practice. Primary responsibilities and duties include assisting the team in the following areas.
• Providing technical reviews of various onshore and offshore utility-scale wind turbine technologies.
• Reviewing performance test provisions and results.
• Reviewing power purchase agreement guarantees.
• Writing independent/owner engineering reviews and reports.
• Reviewing and analyzing SCADA data to assess the performance of operating wind turbine power generating facilities
• Site visits (proposed site locations, facilities under construction, and/or operating facilities).
• Working with project managers in developing scopes and budgets for new consulting opportunities.
• Working with the Division management in training and mentoring other technical team members and maintaining/growing Leidos’ viewpoints/opinions, wind turbine technology information database, standards of practice, and internal improvement projects.
Other opportunities within the role include supporting reviews of other technologies, performance modeling, participating in reviewing operations and maintenance of power generation facilities, developing and presenting white papers, attending conferences, and supporting business development activities.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering required with a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in: engineering design, evaluation of technology, performance modeling/analysis/testing or operations and maintenance of wind turbine technologies: having an MBA and/or advanced degree (with a minimum of 10+ years of experience) in engineering, finance, business, or related management area is preferred.
Previous work experience as a developer, independent engineer, and/or on a performance optimization team is a plus
• Deep understanding of wind turbines, including first principles understanding of how the design, manufacture, quality control, installation and operation of wind turbines impacts long-term operation of wind farms.
• Understanding of market trends in technology, installation, maintenance practices, and O&M costs.
• Offshore wind experience is a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients and (external) project teams will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, and energy service companies.
• Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external).
• The position may require as much as 35 percent travel, including international travel, and can include weeks with extended work hours (50 hours or more) to support client needs.
• Foreign language skills are a plus, especially Spanish.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Management Consultant Comm
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.