Leidos is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to support an existing system and provide the structure and guidance to incorporate new technologies.
Overall responsibilities as a Database Administrator (DBA) include performing all necessary procedures for several databases across several environments. Specific development, test, and production responsibilities will include:
- Install and maintain database software, including Oracle 10G RAC, on UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Providing corporate applications with DBA consultation and technical support for Oracle databases using Oracle 11G, 10G, 9i and 8i.
- Provide customers with backup and recovery capability. Maintain nightly backups and recover loss data from backups, using software including RMAN and SQL Backtrack for Oracle.
- Evaluate and update database designs for better performance.
- Address integration between databases.
- Provide advice to application developers.
- Maintain database documents and procedures.
- Support database security.
- Address and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- AWS experience.
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements.
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL, UNIX, PostGres, and Linux.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.