Leidos is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to support an existing system and provide the structure and guidance to new technologies.
- Develop, update, and validate code to deliver new functionality
- Provide recommendations to improve current systems
- Design, develop, and test new software using DevOps
- Development of Cloudformation scripts to generate network and application infrastructure in a repeatable fashion
- Write custom scripts to install and configure code in EC2 instances
- Develop Java and Python applications that leverage Neo4j and Elasticsearch
- Implement NodeJS PM2 for application monitoring and resiliency
- Utilize SAFe agile techniques to manage workload
- Leverage Amazon Web Services
- Create RESTful API
- Assist with daily operations, troubleshooting, debugging, and automated testing
- Assist in the creation of routine documentation
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- AWS experience
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, or Rundeck
- Certification - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.