The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Network Operations Manager to support efforts for NGEN-R.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing 8 teams and performing enterprise network operations and engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Navy’s NMCI network on the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program.
This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, when appropriate. Conducting infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services. Providing root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures. Providing data center support where appropriate. Documenting daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues. Providing incident notification to Government representatives.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of Network Operations at two physical locations; one in Norfolk, VA and the other in Pearl Harbor, HI.
- Oversee incident resolution, ensuring appropriate response to escalations
- Coordinate infrastructure repairs including directing remote activities to ensure continuity for service delivery
- Review root cause analysis documentation to address performance management and incident correlation issues
- Oversee daily shift activities and document in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure continuity for any outstanding issues
- Work with Cyber Security analysts to ensure Enterprise information flow is secure
- Ensures effective and efficient operation of network systems, architecture and topology
- Monitor to ensure all operating systems are functioning properly and conform to operation security policies and procedures
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Assists with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Network Operations Center
- Participate in strategic network and operations planning
- Work within the DevSecOps methodology to plan and support implementation of new technologies
- Prepare recommendations for resolutions to NetOps challenges based on monitoring results, tools analysis, and/or forensics
- Assist the Cyber Team; employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness).
- Assist with the collection of intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and Trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- Work within the DevSecOps framework with the engineering and security teams to test new network design
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network
- Advise network users of hardware requirements, configurations and limitations
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of Enterprise, Network and Security operations
- Maintain technical familiarity Data Center, Transport and Cyber operations and associated tools
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; with 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Possess 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams.
- US Citizen and DoD Top Secret Clearance, clearable to TS/SCI
- DoD 8570 - Information Assurance Manager (IAT) II certification/training
- Hands-on Experience working with DoD networks, including NIPR, SIPR, and PPSN
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- Ability to support work efforts outside of the standard work schedule
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers operations
- Proven ability to influence and mangers of other service support models and supporting teams
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with technical teams and business stakeholders to resolve challenges
- Ability to define program goals and develop roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to lead and work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3/4 certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.