The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Oracle Forms Developer in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments – Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports. Within the SIRCE investment, the OASIS Team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the OASIS application in FDA operations.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the OASIS Oracle Forms and APEX Developer position includes but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
- Work independently develop, code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards - Actively engage in process improvement initiatives
- Experience developing/enhancing Oracle Forms application
- Understanding of Section 508 ADA Compliance
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and rule engine processing
- Experience with developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
- Must be able to offer creative solutions to complex software/system challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, HP ALM
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- BS and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Considered an emerging authority
- Experience in full software lifecycle development with Java/J2EE, Java Script, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, JPA, Tapestry, Hibernate, HTML5, Oracle Forms, APEX, Bootstrap, Node, Spring Framework (including Spring Boot), Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, Maven, Log4j, Junit, and SonarQube.
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.