Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Regional Office in Anchorage, Alaska.
This Civil Engineer will create and review designs and drawings as required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for the FAA Unmanned Infrastructure Sustainment program, which will primarily focus on communications towers and antennas, and the support shelter buildings. This may include freestanding or guyed antennas or towers, antenna anchors, foundations and roofing, and/or foundation and anchorage for various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Analyze existing drawings and provide recommendations to site- specific upgrades to the facility, shelter buildings, and support equipment.
- Review existing drawings and perform design changes to include red-lines and as-built drawings.
- Develop and coordinate engineering project scope, cost estimates, risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, and concrete foundations.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Familiarity with FAA Unmanned Infrastructure (antennas and towers) and equipment shelters.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.