The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Enterprise Reporting/Full Stack Java Software Developers with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems ProgramDirectorate (PSPD) Interface and Support Processes division within Customs and Border
Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle of a mission critical product including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
· Support all aspects of software development (designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining products).
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using Agile SCRUM methodology and SAFe to deliver features that enhance system capabilities and facilitate CBP’s mission.
· Translate customer needs into user stories and deliver working capabilities at the conclusion of each sprint.
· Develop ad-hoc reports in response to customer requests while maintaining standard reports.
· Ensure the successful completion of ETL jobs while updating ETL jobs to reflect changes in either the data source or target.
· Mentor junior and entry-level software developers to enhance their skills and work with others on product team to develop solutions to impediments preventing completion of work.
· Participate and/or lead sprint demonstrations and facilitate implementation of agreed upon ideas identified at retrospectives.
· Effectively communicate technical challenges and potential solutions to leaders within both Leidos and CBP.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related field with 12 to 15 years of relevant experience or 10 to 13 years of relevant experience with Master’s degree.
· Applicants must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a CBP BI public trust clearance.
· Minimum of 5-years of experience with Informatica and/or Business Objects ·
· Experience with DevOps frameworks and proficiency using the following common DevOps tools at a minimum: o Confluence & Jira o GitLab o Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit
· Knowledge of software design patterns.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
· Active CBP BI.
· Experience as a software developer supporting Enterprise Reporting capabilities.
· Knowledge of Qlik Sense.
· Familiarity with and prior use of test automation, e.g., Selenium.
· Experience as a developer within the AWS environment is a plus and in particular the ETL of data from on-premise Oracle DBMS to Oracle RDS via Informatica.
· Experience working with NoSQL databases in the AWS environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.