Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a mid-level Configuration Management Specialist to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team. The position will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Enterprise Configuration Management (ECM), AJW-125 program. The position shall assist the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) in its efforts to evolve into a more risk analysis-based, efficient, and responsive service, one better equipped to match resources with immediate needs and ensure reliability and availability of service. The position will be located in the Washington DC office.
The position will assist the ECM Program Office.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Providing metrics of the Documentation Control Center (DCC) process to evaluate and isolate issues and further identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Capturing and evaluating each submitted document request.
- Capturing DCC processing metrics, incoming documents as well as documents requested by customers, organizations and method in which orders are placed.
- Identifying and recommending metrics to measure the effectiveness of proposed changes against the CM Strategic Plan.
Overall CM guidance/consultation for:
· CM Planning & Management
· Configuration Identification
· Configuration Control
· Configuration Status Accounting
· Configuration Audits
· Information/Data Management
a. Capture and evaluate change requests.
b. Generate metrics corresponding to Customer requests, etc.
c. Scan or otherwise capture requests to include in Documentation Control Center (DCC).
d. Assist in maintaining and improving Master Configuration Index (MCI).
e. Review and analyze engineering change data and coordinate impacted offices to ensure quality, general support, manufacturing, in all engineering data control activities.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a related field and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to coordinate with multiple FAA organizations. Knowledge of the AMS Life Cycle Management Process.
- Public Trust (PT) Security Investigation will be required before starting in this role. To be qualified for the PT you must either be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years.
- Previous FAA experience with knowledge of current CM policy and FAA Directives Process is highly desired.
- Familiarity with WebCM is recommended.
- Knowledge of the Master Configuration Index (MCI) a
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.