Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician III in Edmonton, Alberta Canada to support our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
Leidos Security and Detection Systems is committed to making Safer Skies by provide hands-on servicing of our Security & Detection Systems equipment at secure facilities and airport. The Field Service Technician III, will be required to provide advanced technological, repair and troubleshooting support with total customer satisfaction in mind. This individual must demonstrates strong electronic repair troubleshooting skills and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction at assigned sites / locations.
- Provides positive customer relations and with a high degree of customer satisfaction by communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- May be called upon to work on equipment that has little or no documentation or training.
- Completes all scheduled maintenance within required deadlines.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
- Maintains an accurate inventory of parts and tools.
- Maintains currency on all technical certifications.
- Reviews all logs and maintenance tracking systems for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.