Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Database Administrator at Scott AFB IL. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to begin work on this program and must be eligible to obtain a Top Secret Clearance per customer requirement.
As a Senior Database Administrator, the successful candidate will perform complex database administration and integration assignments essential to the implementation and operation of database systems and applications running on UNIX/Oracle Solaris/Linux and Windows server platforms. Assignments, which are in direct support of software development and maintenance teams, include database analysis, database modeling, database information assurance and security, database installation, database configuration, and database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Perform complex database administration and integration assignments essential to the implementation and operation of database systems and applications running on UNIX / Sun Solaris and Windows server platforms.
- Conduct database analysis, database modeling, database information assurance and security, database installation, database configuration, and database performance monitoring and tuning to support software development and maintenance teams,.
- Review and ensure database integrity using standardized support tools.
- Ensure assignments are performed in accordance with database administration guidelines, standards and procedures for application development, implementation, testing, and migration.
- Respond and resolve extremely complex reported system problems and issues.
- Evaluate and recommend use of software, guidelines, and procedures to meet established objectives.
- Evaluate and develop project plans.
- Provide database expertise to other groups as requested.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and may supervise or provide guidance to other personnel.
- Regularly interact with senior management on matters concerning functional areas, divisions, and customers. Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years Oracle or DB2 Database Administrator experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Strong Oracle database skills that include a thorough understanding of requirements, design and best practices is a must.
- Ability to write SQL Loader scripts and generate flat files based on data in the Oracle Database is also required.
- Must be experienced in Oracle 10G, 11g, and 12c on various platforms including UNIX, LINUX, Windows and other Oracle Supported platforms.
- Must be experienced with IBM DB2 and related management tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in tuning and troubleshooting Oracle instances, installation of Oracle on UNIX/Windows, Enterprise Manager Grid Control or Cloud Control, knowledge in Oracle backup/recovery methodologies and strategies, systems administration, database maintenance, testing, integration and problem resolution, UNIX scripting, multi-server troubleshooting, system/database performance monitoring, security accreditation, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Should be familiar with configuration and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server running on Windows server environments.
- The applicant must be a self-starter with good oral and written communication skills, and must be able to work independently.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC ITSM or Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Experience working with virtual environments.
- UNIX/Linux Administration Experience
- Windows Servers Administration Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.