The Leidos Dynetics Group Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) Operations Director is responsible for oversight of the execution of the Group business rhythms. This leader will drive Leidos and the Dynetics Group market/revenue growth through the pursuit of advanced research and development and prototyping opportunities.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Dynetics Group and across Leidos to ensure inclusion and drive growth. Serve as a role model and leader for positive change to further integration across Leidos.
- Build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in BD&S, the Office of Technology (CTO), and Corporate Strategy to promote collaboration.
- Key areas of focus include (but are not limited to): routine BD&S business rhythms and processes, strategy development, customer and market analysis, competitive intelligence, budget analysis, customer buying patterns, technology trends, current Leidos capabilities and gap analysis.
- This position reports directly to the Vice President (VP) of Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) for the Dynetics Group.
- Manage the Dynetics Group BD&S Strategy and Operations team in support of all BD&S activities: BD Operations Directors, Strategy Director, Analysts, and as required, the rotational BD Leadership Program (BDLP) assigned personnel in support of all BD&S activities.
- Conduct regular pipeline reviews and metric assessments to include: Pipeline metrics, Win/Loss rates, Submits/Awards, Marketing/ Bid & Proposal (B&P)/overhead expenditure tracking.
- Ensure accuracy of data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tool to ensure the BD Operations team is tracking key metrics and ensuring exceptions are resolved quickly.
- Coordination of Group and Corporate Gate Reviews.
- Lead the improvement of Pwin metrics through participation and support to key capture milestones and reviews to include Strategy Reviews, Pricing Reviews, Color Reviews, etc.
- Manage overhead costs and rates by supporting the development of New Business Funds and Overhead budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field (Science, Engineering, and/or Math)
- 15+ years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience and/or 15+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management experience across multiple Defense and Intel S& or R&D organizations and program offices
- Experience working directly with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC): budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Strong oral and written skills with the ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management tool to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Ability to travel as required: 25% per month
- TS/SCI strongly desired, but may consider TS with SCI eligibility
- Advanced technical degree or MBA preferred
- Experience working with R&D customers in the DoD (DARPA, AFRL, DTRA, Army Futures Command, ARL, ONR, etc.) and in the IC (IARPA, as well as NSA and CIA S&T offices) preferred
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $3 billion or greater in DOD or Intel Research and Development
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.