Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for aa Application Systems Engineer to directly with Network and System Engineers, Developers, Scrum Masters and TDOs in a SAFe Agile DevSecOps platform to provide expertise and administration for various enterprise applications, including installation, upgrades/patches, configuration, availability, recoverability, scalability, and security of new and existing applications
- Contributes in the planning, design, implementation, patching, and upgrading of enterprise systems.
- Defines, implements and maintains best practices for applications in the customer enterprise.
- Creates, applies, and oversees application policies and procedures to ensure high security, availability, and recovery.
- Independently coordinates and resolves escalated system and application issues of enterprise applications.
- Monitors applications and systems to identify and resolve issues impacting performance and security.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and recommends performance improvements, future enhancements, and alternative solutions.
- Works with internal customers of applications for implementation, problem resolution, and upgrades.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting to users and management on the status of technical implementations and resolutions.
- Performs and/or assists with user account creation and administration, recommendation and assignment of security roles and groups, and general administration of user accounts within the compliance of Information Technology standards.
- Creates, implements, and documents automated processes and jobs.
- Creates, assesses, and maintains system documentation including architecture, processes, data flow, security, etc.
- Provides recommendations for application software technology, existing and new.
- Provides technical resources for infrastructure, database, and application development teams.
- Experience with and knowledge of web services, security layers, cloud and on-premise application administration, backup administration, disaster recovery, and HA.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, cloud-based solutions, networking concepts, database concepts - including SQL querying & reporting, and the installation and configuration of data access technologies for the server and client.
- Strong change management, documentation, complex problem solving, and technical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to move between high level architecture review/design to solution level implementation and be able to create supporting documentation.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.