Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic leader to fill the position of Surface and Surveillance Training Program Director at its Bethesda, Maryland location, to lead the High Fidelity Simulation (HFS) Trainer Projects. The Surface and Surveillance Training Program Director reports directly to the HFS Business Area Manager and is principally responsible for design, development, test, and installation of large-scale US Navy training systems.
Responsibilities include government customer and fleet end user communication, system requirement analysis, budget development, program execution tracking, financial management, and program office support. Achieving success as the Surface and Surveillance Training Program Director requires strong technical and program management skills as described below.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver Trainer products on time and within budget
• Lead surface and surveillance execution under trainer contracts
• Guide, advise and assist technical staff in program execution
• Monitor technical progress and make course corrections as needed
• Manage training programs by supervising and coordinating with technical program managers to ensure projects have adequate staffing, achievable plans, and provide deliverables that meet contract requirements
• Communicate with internal development teams, external partnering organizations, U.S. Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers.
• Identify technical and financial risk and communicate risks to senior management
• Support generation of winning proposals
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
• Bachelors degree and 15+ years of professional experience. Minimum of 10 years of specific experience in development of Navy systems managing projects related to the design, development, test, and evaluation of complex systems.
• Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance with ability to acquire a TOP SECRET clearance.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Effectively manage a team or organizational unit and establish strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers and peers
• Grow existing customer relationships and programs through responsiveness to customer needs, sustained excellence in program execution,
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science; OR a Master’s Degree in a Management Discipline and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• In excess of 10 years of experience managing projects and programs related to the design, development, systems integration, test, and evaluation of complex systems related to acoustics and training systems.
• In excess of 10 years of experience with U.S. Navy surface ship and surveillance ASW systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.