Are you ready to work on a project that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time!
You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe work environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto the program!
Pending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have a career opportunity for a Cloud Design Engineer on a new, large, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment.
The Cloud Design Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Web-Based User Interfaces that interact with Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements. Directly contributes to all stages of designing, implementing and testing Web-Based User Interfaces that expose data for Big-Data Cloud Based infrastructure using Hadoop Eco-System. Provides expertise in Cloud Technologies, Distributed Computing and how to best display data produced by these technologies. Cloud Designer implements Graphical Web-Based User Interface with usability, security, and performance in mind. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse.
The Cloud Design Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provides in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval; assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval
- Propose new ways of analyzing data stored in Cloud Big Table
- Propose new ways of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- Oversees one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Eight (8) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Master in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
The following Cloud related experiences are required:
- Two (2) year of Web-Based applications that retrieves/stores data in a Cloud Data System
- Two (2) year of building applications that comply with modern Web 2.0 standards
- Two (2) years of Cloud and/or Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
- One (1) year working with data stored in Cloud Big Table
- One (1) year of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.