As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Responsible for maintaining all Configuration Control items including Hardware and Software using the JIRA environment and following all procedures from our Leidos UK colleagues
- Work closely with the US Operations Coordinator and the UK Operations Technical Lead in tracking problems and issues in JIRA and managing those changes with Ops Coordinator and the wider technical team.
- Work closely with the UK Asset management team in coordinating and reporting assets that are being used on the US TAD environment.
- Responsible for the Software configuration baseline for the program
- Responsible for managing the tickets that will be addressed in each release and providing documentation to the customer for tickets being assigned in the releases, which includes Version Description Document and Release Notes.
- Responsible for identifying system documentation that needs to be updated due to the change and work with the technical team in getting those updated completed
- Responsible for managing the releases on the different environments and schedule teams on the different test environments for their use.
- Manage the Asset Baseline that includes Hardware and Software Audits as well as tracking the use of the software licenses across the different environments.
Must be a US Citizen with at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Typically requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, and project managers.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to the changes and the assets.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers.
- Experience with the following tools: JIRA and Confluence as well as MSOffice tools especially Excel.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.