Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Systems Administrator in New Orleans, LA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will Oversee, plan and organize complex operational designs, develop support plans, coordinate implementations, and provide second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operations Develop system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier capabilities.
- Author procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use.
- Lead project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinate project efforts with support groups.
- Create plans that support implementation of changes.
- Participate in system support design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Advise on distributed network computing issues.
- Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and controls.
- Plan and Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
- Coach and train others in the application of new operational support technologies and train subordinates as needed.
- Guide and provide work direction to technical staff.
- Maintains and manages user accounts installs, modifies and maintain systems, and software on server computer and critical infrastructure systems,
- Provide server and critical infrastructure support.
- Analyze user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues.
- Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration documentation.
- Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends
- Recommend appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 5 Years of Experience
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.