Leidos currently has an opening for and Electrical Engineer to work at the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA. The Personnel Airdrop Systems (PADS) Team currently has several research and development programs that lead to the advancement of personnel airdrop systems technology and products. The Electrical Engineer will act as project manager for the Parachutist Navigation System (PARANAVSYS), a GPS based electronic navigation system assisting the military parachutist with guidance to a pre-determined target point, coordinating updates and enhancements to both hardware and software with other Government entities and the system developers. Furthermore, they will support other projects to include the development of automatic activation devices for parachutes and digital altimeters.
- Evaluate and incorporate updates to PARANAVSYS.
- Establish a standardized technical data package (TDP) for manufacturing of electronic components
- Assist with selection of manufacturing base for electronic components and establish inspection and QA criteria
- Support engineers with inspections and review of test reports and certifications of conformance for electrical components
- Generate Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for TDPs and assist the drafting staff in development through to completion
- As PADS project manager, coordinate with the developers and other Government agencies to ensure all aspects of circuit design and software integration are correct
- Perform basic testing of electronic components to support evaluation and certification
- B.S. Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience in hardware design and components of electronic devices
- Experience with software development and managing software development programs
- Experience with Agile development and Cybersecurity/RMF
- Hands-on experience with electronic device hardware manufacturing techniques
- Understands general circuits with working knowledge of circuit board fabrication and integration
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferable the candidate will have and MS in electrical engineering, some electronic circuit development experience, knowledge of electronic technical data packages and requirements, and some experience with communication networks and IP radios.
- Preferable the candidate will have experience working with Army drawings and Military commodities
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.