Leidos is seeking a Software and Systems Administrator to support a fast paced and technically challenging systems integration program.
The candidate will be responsible for the operations and administration of the engineering lab including servers, network and test equipment based at Metro Park (MP8) Alexandria, VA. The Systems Administrator will work with the project team to develop, test, and integrate hardware and software to meet Command and Control (C2) situational awareness requirements. The candidate will perform systems administration and network administration throughout the entire systems development lifecycle including design, development, integration, testing, documentation, demonstration and training. Some travel may be required to support an OCONUS customer site.
- Set up and administer server environment including Windows servers and clients, VMWare and LINUX servers
- Set up and administer Cisco network routers and switches and other communications and networking hardware and software
- Lead a project team responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining systems hardware and software and related tactical and enterprise IT and communications systems
- Lead a team to evaluate and recommend new technologies and to enhance current capabilities of established networked systems
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
- Provide technical analyses of network challenges and problems and be able to develop/implement technical solutions
- Work with the development team with new systems design and implementation
- Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing
- Conduct system performance tuning for optimization and high availability
- Work closely with the Leidos Information Assurance team to ensure that all systems are compliant
- Develop and maintain system documentation and training materials
- Participate in mobile systems applications administration and support (e.g. Android and iOS)
- Contribute towards business development activities as assigned to include developing customer briefings, supporting presentations and demonstrations, and other capture and proposal activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of experience in systems and network administration and operation of secure IT systems and networks. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret clearance and willing to be submitted for a U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance
- Current Security+ or CISSP certification
- Possess IT certifications (e.g. Windows Server 2019)
- Experience with Windows, Linux and VMWare environments
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Communicates and collaborates well with internal and client project team members
- Familiarity with scripting
- Experience with a variety of Cross Domain Solutions (CDS)
- Experience with a variety of Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.