The Leidos Innovation Center currently has an opening for an Engineer in the area of electromagnetics and/or signal processing to work in Beavercreek, Ohio. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to further develop the Xpatch Toolsuite, a nationally recognized, industry leading prediction code essential for performing electromagnetic computations.
• Support Research to mature and advance the electromagnetic capability of Xpatch.
• Extend and improve existing software code to incorporate new features.
• Perform analysis and develop software as part of an Agile Scrum team.
- Masters’ in engineering, physics or computer science with 2-3 years’ related experience.
- Understanding of electromagnetic theory and/or signal processing.
- Good programming skills and object oriented design/programming experience in C++.
- Adaptable and able to learn new skills quickly.
- Be an effective communicator, and can work effectively with others, both side-by-side and in remote locations.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with asymptotic CEM approaches, in particular shooting-bouncing-ray and physical optics.
- Doctoral Degree in engineering, physics or computer science with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Experience with software version control and Agile software development practices.
- Experience with Linux.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.