Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a technical trainer/Engineer to lead our Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) training team in Ft. Meade MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
The applicant will serve as a senior trainer for the JRSS training team and will collaborate with customers, stakeholders, and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and execute training plans, training goals, and performance outcomes, instructional strategies, training material, and deliver/implement training solutions.
• Collaborate with a team of technical trainers, monitor, and report on the progress of training initiatives, ensuring the accuracy of status reports and data related to team metrics
• Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify target audience’s training needs, develop and deliver eLearning, face-to-face or virtual instructor-led sessions
• Develop course design documents for face to face and/or eLearning training solutions, including content outlines, hands-on exercises, and interactive realistic and relevant scenario-based learning programs
• Proposes, designs, develops, and delivers/implements a wide variety of solutions that range from industry standard to creative, new approaches.
• Effectively resolves issues or determines escalation is needed. Escalates using a solution-oriented approach.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of performance solutions against business needs; provides metrics summarizing effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
• BS degree from an accredited college/university and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• 8+ years’ experience in Instructional Design and Curriculum Management
* Active SECRET Clearance
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
• Demonstrated successful network operations technical leadership and/or senior engineering experience
• Ability to independently (and with SME assistance) develop learning solutions/deliverables based on knowledge of learning methodologies, cognitive science, user-centered design research, adult learning requirements, needs assessment and evaluation.
• Ability to provide performance solution design expertise to technical/operational experts in the development of technical/operational training programs.
• Confident and results-driven; consultative orientation, strong people and process capability.
• Demonstrated knowledge of agile, iterative development methodologies.
• Outstanding communicator; an individual who possesses superior written/verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
• Ability to collect and analyze data as actionable input to continuous improvement.
• Adaptability; learns quickly and responds positively to change.
* Comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving.
* Team player with superior people skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to interface effectively and maintain positive relationship with primary customers, as well as broader customer set POCs as targeted for training.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.