***This position is located in Afghanistan for the CLS-Afghan Program Support***
Leidos is currently seeking a motivated Deputy PM Support Operations Manager, that will be located in Kabul, Afghanistan, to support the CLS-A program. The Deputy PM Support Manager will ensure effective and timely implementation and primary focus of all Logistics daily operational goals and metrics; inclusive of Shipping/Receiving, Warehouse, Tech Supplies, General Supply, ROR, Ground Fleet, Calibration, ALSE/Arms Room support and Property Management at all CLS sites and will assist the Program Manager, Support Operations in oversight of other departments such as IT, Security and Administrative. The ideal candidate will work and travel in between customer sites as needed; customer sites include Kandahar, Kabul and Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and initiate monthly reports having required project timelines, corporate and contract metrics and productivity measurements. Responsible for ensuring that contract metric objectives and/or department metric objectives are maintained; e.g. Demand Satisfaction, Demand Accommodation, Depth and Range, NMC-S rate, etc. Ensures all Logistics CDRLs and deliverables are accurate and completed on time.
• Conducts training, hiring input, career development, performance input and enrichment of all department employees. Supports continuous development of employees. Ensures all employees are trained and records maintained IAW with the GOP and other pertinent regulations supporting areas like HAZMAT. This also includes mentoring of the Afghan military workforce. Maintains a working relationship with the Afghan ASD Commander and the NSRW Forward (Fwd) COR.
• Supports inventory management consisting of reconciling and maintaining two Super Tech Supplies and three warehouses within Afghanistan (Kabul, KAF and MeS). Ensures ASL stock levels are adequately maintained within the ASD and the FOBs have established PLL stocks for Mi17, PC12, CLIII (P), ALSE, Arms Room and General Supply. Ensures all stock levels are returned to baseline starting point levels at the end of FFP contract, to include property unless otherwise directed.
• Monitors/oversees program HAZMAT operations; ensures proper stock levels are on hand (O/H) to support maintenance and seasonal changes. Ensures FOBs have proper stock levels O/H. Ensures stocks shelf life routinely checked and removed from active stocks as needed. Coordinates to ensure technicians and supply material handlers are properly certified and/or trained. Ensures Bulk Fuel monthly reconciliation.
• Provides MIS oversite spot checking worker input; conducting monthly MIS recons of parts issued vice requisitions opened ensuring that we maintain a sufficient balance. Ensures that all areas like ALSE, ARMS Room, GSE, Property, CLIII (P), PC12 and Mi17 are properly utilizing MIS and conducting spot check inventory recons weekly. Strives to add other areas to MIS like calibration, etc. with an objective of adding all areas into MIS. Assists with MIS training of operators.
• Establish and manage relations with warehouses, carriers, customs brokers, drayage providers, sales force and customers. Ensures that Leidos customs licensing is followed; e.g. ITARs items properly licensed prior to shipment; Commercial Invoices (C/I) are completed for all shipments IAW Leidos guidelines.DD250’s are properly filled out, signed by the USG and submitted to the Leidos Finance department.
• Analyze log purchase orders commensurate to existing stock availability and reduce shipping costs. Reviews Material Requisitions (M/Rs) for proper justification/validation and section manager signature prior to sending to CONUS procurement. Ensures M/R Document Register updated and distributed weekly.
• Oversee and monitor availability of stock to reduce shortfalls. Ensures proper stock levels to support all maintenance activities current and forecasted. Analyzes Quality TBO updates ensuring parts are properly forecasted and requisitioned to support maintenance given long lead and order ship time (OST).
• Recommends process change to the Program Manager (PM), Support Operations for standardization and to gain efficiencies. Supports continuous improvement and streamlined operations supporting the PWS, SOW, and other guidelines like the GOP, Army Regulations, etc. Maintains Logistics SOP updating as needed.
• Conducts and/or participates in various PMO directed meetings. Provides slides for IPRs, PPRs, PMRs, maintenance/logistics meetings, procurement/logistics meetings, special projects, etc. as required by the PMO.
• Monitors Re-Preservation of all aircraft parts in storage to include ROR; Ensures the work is distributed and parts due preservation does not fall more than two-weeks behind schedule.
• Monitors Calibration ensuring that the program remains within a 1-3% delinquency range.
• Monitors property activities ensuring proper 10% and 100% property inventories on-going; Ensures 100% sensitive items conducted monthly and counts are never conducted by the same person in consecutive months; Spot checks Apptricity property data-base for accurate input; spot checks inventories. Works and coordinates with IT to migrate all program property into MIS NLT summer of 2018.
• Prepares worker schedules ensuring the workforce works between the contractually allowed 48-60 hours; Coordinates OT with the PM Support Operations as needed.
• Ensure the workforce is following prescribed safety rules. Ensures monthly safety training is conducted. Conducts accident investigations as necessary.
• Ensures that employees are abiding by all Leidos policies and reports infractions to management.
• Acts as Battle Captain for OCONUS Logistics; all communication flow from outside agencies, sections and official responses as needed flow through the B/C.
• Executes other tasks as assigned by the PM, Support Operations. Provides oversite to Support Ops departments in the PMs absence.
• Bachlor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience
• US Citizenship with an active National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)
Program Specific Requirements:
Candidates must be able to obtain/eligible the following.
NOTE: Failure to complete any of the actions listed below will void the terms of employment.
• A current U.S. passport, with a minimum of 12 months remaining and multiple, consecutive blank pages, before employment start date.
• Afghan Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date. (Provided by the program)
• Successfully passing all CENTCOM CRC medical and training requirements. If the candidate is unable to successfully pass a medical screening, prior to their anticipated employment start date, immediate termination will be requested.
• A positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC).
• Proven leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.