Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Section 508 Test Engineer/Coordinator role will have administrative and section 508 testing experience. Able to use appropriate test tools and methodologies to execute functional, integration, and data verification tests. The ideal candidate will work with internal teams, vendors, and the customer to develop, understand, and communicate test results and schedule, perform testing and evaluation of software to ensure its compliance with the rules and regulations set under section 508. The role requires strong knowledge of software verification and validation best practices and section 508 testing methods to ensure deployment of high quality and compliant software while utilizing an agile development process.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Involved in the control, planning and monitoring of testing activities.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process.
- Put into place and/or verify access to the test environment provided before test executions.
- Schedule the test executions and report on progress, quality status, and results.
- Provide guidance to the test team, vendors, business owner’s, and other stakeholders
- Logs, tracks, and verifies tested applications, and provide status reports as requested.
- Analyze business requirements and user stories for correctness and testability.
- Have a fair understanding of assistive technologies used by people with disabilities
- Provide policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve compliance with the federal government's Section 508 program.
- Be the go-to resource for compliance with Section 508 Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and ensure compliance, ease, efficiency, and effectiveness to use for specific audiences.
- Assess, analyze, and identify areas of concern for Section 508 non-compliance of products.
- Attend scrum, Kanban, and other agile ceremonies such as daily standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and others to discuss preparation, determination and findings relative to Section 508 compliance.
- Display an astute understanding of the process and documentation, test approach and management plan requirements regulated by the customer.
- Display technical competence and strong organizational skills while multitasking.
- Manage the relationship with the customer and all stakeholders
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 – 6 years of experience in coordination and/or section 508 testing or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2 - 3 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience of WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508, and ADA standards.
- Knowledge and experience working with applications such as JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Must have hands-on experience performing both functional and non-functional testing on Windows and Apple platforms.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Experience with tools such as WAVE, ANDI, aXe, Zoomtext, Kurzweil, CommonLook, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.