Specific experience on Security Screening Equipment is a plus: CEIA, Smiths Detection, Rapiscan, and L3. Ability to work in secure environments and pass applicable background checks is a must. Candidates must have a good driving record and a reliable personally owned vehicle to use for performing daily work. Must be available for overtime as needed in addition to travel. If not already certified for maintaining and repairing the security equipment noted above, then certification is a condition of employment. Must be able to clearly document work performed. High level of reliability is required.
- Report to the Director of Sustainment. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on Transportation Security Equipment at U.S. airports and its territories.
- Performs corrective maintenance (CM) on Transportation Security Administration Equipment at airports and is on-call for CM activities in their area, including Guam and Northern Mariana Islands.
- Must be trained and certified in PM and CM procedures for equipment on which they work.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check for TSA
- Current Active Public Trust Clearance
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the field of security equipment service and repair or in a related area. (HVAC, medical x-ray/CT systems, etc)
- Electromechanical background/experience
- Familiar using measuring devices (digital mulitmeters, mass flow meters)
- Adept at interpreting technical schematics and diagrams
- Working knowledge of x-ray imaging and/or magnetometer metal detector systems
- Associates Degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.