The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation currently has an opening for an Endpoint Engineering Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Rockville, MD. The Next Generation IT Services (NGITS) – Engineering contract provides enterprise and infrastructure engineering support to the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Endpoint Engineering Manager is responsible for managing and leading the engineering teams for Endpoint Systems including PCs, mobile devices and unified communication and collaboration (UCC) tools used throughout the entire program. This individual will provide managerial oversight of the team while managing priorities and technical projects for the team. They will work with the Program Manager on technical road map initiatives and resource planning and allocation. They will serve as a senior technical escalation point for issues and challenges the team may face and provide overall feedback and guidance. They will act as a primary interface with the HHS customer and meet regularly with government counterparts to provide status updates, review projects and risks, and go over upcoming priorities. They will also interact and collaborate regularly with other cross-functional engineering teams and contractor teams in support of the HHS customer initiatives.
- Manage and provide guidance and direction to the various endpoint engineering teams.
- Design, manage, and prioritize workflows and processes for the team to optimize efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Work with business stakeholders, including direct customers and other contractor partners, on gathering new requests and requirements as well as prioritizing them for assignment by program technology road map.
- Develop technical roadmaps and project plans for the team and manage those projects accordingly.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor to the team and help guide overall strategy.
- Coordinate with other members of the IT Infrastructure team on cross-functional projects and deliverables.
- Ensure adequate documentation is completed for assigned tickets and projects.
- Provide functional and technical written evaluations of products and new engineering solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and coordination with onsite and remote teams.
- Understand client work practices and the nature of their business
- Ensure all Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded by all endpoint teams.
- Develop, review, and track all endpoint engineering related contract deliverables to ensure they are delivered on time and accurately to the government.
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Must be a US citizen.
- Team Management Experience – 5+ years, Proficiency Level of Senior
- Project Management Experience – 5+ years, Proficiency Level of Senior
- Excellent professional presentation, communication and documentation skills
- Must be able to create, implement and enforce processes and policies
- Experience managing PC operating system upgrades and image development and deployments.
- Experience managing endpoint security systems and tools.
- Experience developing and managing test processes and procedures for various endpoint engineering projects and teams.
- Experience with developing MS Project schedules for multiple teams and projects.
- Experience with unified communication and collaboration tools
- Experience managing mobile devices – iOS operating systems
- Experience in SCCM Administration, Software deployment and Package/Application
- Active Directory (General) 3-5 years
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/10) – 5+ years
- Microsoft SCCM/(SMS) – 3-5 years
- Network connectivity and concepts – 3-5 years
- System image development/software packaging - 3-5 years
- Ability to coordinate multiple vendor relationships
Ability to support client growth in the end-user environment with Microsoft productivity tools, ie. Microsoft 365 applications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.