Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos, the implementer for the Ameren Illinois award-winning Energy Efficiency Programs, seeks a Visual Communications Specialist. In this position you will help business and residential utility customers improve comfort, manage energy usage and reduce future costs. Since the inception of this Program in 2008 utility customers have saved over $1 billion by becoming more energy efficient. The Visual Communications Specialist's primary responsibility is to design and manage the development, coordination and implementation of all marketing initiatives. Initiatives include but are not limited to print and digital advertising, website development, social media, special events and community outreach.
Under the leadership of the Marketing Director and Marketing Projects Sr. Manager, the Visual Communications Specialist works independently, as needed, and serves as a marketing lead in collaboration with program managers, subcontractors, and others to understand marketing requirements and develop those requirements into integrated marketing initiatives to increase brand awareness and encourage participation in Ameren Illinois' Energy Efficiency Programs. The Visual Communications Specialist reports to the Marketing Projects Sr. Manager. This role may oversee direct reports and subcontractors as assigned.
Location: This position will be a hybrid of working from home and working in our Downtown Peoria office.
• Responsible for quality control of all marketing collateral for consistency and accuracy, as well as effective messaging.
• Works with the Marketing Projects Sr. Manager to develop and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and budget constraints.
• Formulates, directs and coordinates marketing activities to promote products and services, working with advertisers and program managers.
• Designs creative marketing materials while adhering to strict branding guidelines.
• Develops and writes engaging content for multiple platforms such as digital and print advertising, newsletters, website, social media, email marketing and more.
• Uses forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the success of Program marketing by analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
• Responsible for the tracking, analysis and reporting of success metrics and feedback for specific marketing initiatives.
• Coordinates and participates in promotional activities and special events when needed, working to effectively market program incentives and benefits.
• Assists in the development of surveys to identify potential market segments and overall customer satisfaction.
• Continues to be flexible throughout the Program Year to adjust marketing strategies and tactics, where needed, based on metric evaluations and feedback to maximize success.
• Manages and develops all online marketing initiatives and strategies including website development, e-newsletters, and email campaigns.
• Creates and tracks project timelines and budgets as assigned to ensure projects and tasks are completed on-time and on-budget.
• Works closely with the Marketing Projects Sr. Manager to develop messaging for the Program and its offerings, which are then communicated through print and online advertising initiatives, as well as promotional and community outreach efforts.
• Assists Program Managers with the development of effective joint promotions with community organizations and Program Allies to maximize marketing communications reach where appropriate.
• Enforces brand standards to ensure quality control and consistency of brand messaging.
• Works with vendors to obtain production quotes for print collateral and promotional items.
• Responsible for writing cohesive content and simplified messaging from information submitted by the technical teams.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
• 3+ years of work experience in marketing or related field of which 2 years is project management experience.
• Demonstrated capability and success in development and execution of bold, creative integrated marketing strategies in a cost-effective manner.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong creative development and graphic design skills
• Demonstrated good organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
• Can-do attitude and will to succeed.
• Ability to follow instructions and desire to learn new skills.
• Strong attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
• Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service.
Desired Education, Skills, Qualities and Experience:
• Experience with budgets, record-keeping and organization of data.
• Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with website content management system (Drupal and Word Press).
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.