- Responsible for leading the plan, design and development activities to create the user experience for devices, tools and systems.
- Responsible for establishing interactive conventions, assisting in gathering user requirements, mocking-up user experiences, participating in trade-off discussions with development teams and subject matter experts, analyzing tool sets, creating screen mock-ups and helping customers to imagine new kinds of interactive techniques and technologies.
- Applies visualization and screen design expertise to create a successful user experience.
The Level 2 User Experience Designer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Operate in an agile development environment requiring the delivery of User Experience feedback on a weekly basis.
- Conduct User Experience research and optimization.
- Create final visual designs, storyboards, interaction flows, and interface guidelines.
- Take a user-centered approach in crafting design solutions that meet both user needs and product strategy requirements.
- Work with Product Owners to rapidly prototype and iterate on multiple design solutions.
- Review final implementation with front-end developers to insure design standards are followed.
- Work across teams and communicate effectively with stakeholders within various customer bases to provide inspiration and constructive feedback to other Designers.
- Leading project life cycle design including interviewing customers, clearly articulating customer requirements to design team, creating visual designs/prototypes, presenting information to customers, and helping solve and clarify questions and problems.
- Manage several diverse engineering teams in conducting User Experience research and optimization.
- 8-12 years' experience in User Experience Design.
- Five years' experience within the last 10 years experience leading project life cycle design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional User Experience Design experience on projects with similar design may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.