The Leidos Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) Operation currently has an opening for a Director of Service Operations. Leidos designs, manufactures, and maintains an extensive product line of non-intrusive inspection (NII) equipment, radiation detection equipment (RDE), and explosives detection systems (EDS). This position will be accountable for the highest levels of service to U.S. federal, state, and local governments and international customers and markets. This critical role manages the delivery of services to customers, distributors, and resellers, overseeing a global network of customers with mission critical systems deployed worldwide for three distinct divisions.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader and key member of the SD&A Operation reporting directly to the SD&A Senior VP/Operations Manager. Primary responsibilities include support of bid/proposal efforts of new product sales, service contract renewals, best practices for the efficient delivery of services to meet programmatic, technical, and schedule requirements, and ownership of a the global service strategy. This position will plan, organize, and manage resources, to bring about successful completion of operational goals and management of KPIs by interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel, to ensure that all projects run within scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Managing the global service supply chain network in support of post-sales maintenance and reverse logistics activities.
- Managing issue resolution, service logistics delivery and communication to internal and external customers globally.
- Oversight of global spares inventory locations including accountability, replenishment and cost control.
- Conducting daily coordination and escalation support to company-owned centers in US and abroad
- Establishing field spares material requirements and demand forecasts by product line.
- Conducting data analysis of parts usage and KPIs to include On-time Delivery, Mean-Time-To-Repair and Order Fulfillment rate.
- Developing logistics concepts of support (logistics network and procedures) for managed programs globally.
- Process-owner for global returns process and logistics cost control measures.
- Process owner for domestic and global continuity of operations planning.
- Typically requires a BA/BS and 12+ years of prior relevant experience
- The ideal candidates will have at least 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- PMP certification and regular tracking/reporting on a periodic basis to leadership
- Domestic and international travel up to 50%
- Masters Degree in relevant field.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
- Previous experience leading remote and international teams.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.